Florida has different requirements for those who wants to become unarmed security guard from those who wants to work with a gun.
D License Requirements:
- you have to be at least 18 years old
- must be legal resident or US citizen
- have a good moral character, no criminal records
- take a D security license course
- properly filled application
These are some of the basic Florida state security guard requirements, in addition to that you also should be in a good physical shape, have an excellent attitude and be ready to work at any time, in any day.
Armed Security Guard Requirements:
Armed Security Guard Requirements are a bit broader, and much harder to pass:
- you should be at least 21 years old
- have no criminal history
- have a good moral character
- be able to pass psychological exam
- take Florida G license class – 28 hours
Once you pass through all the armed security guard requirements, you will have to take each year 4 hour renewal class g license training, this will keep you up to date within your industry.
Also each security guard company or corporate security departments have their own requirements to security officers they usually not falling far apart from the state requirements.